A complaints procedure is available to all persons wishing to make a complaint, appeal or any other manner of objection in relation to the conduct of Yum Productions. The complaints procedure will address both formal and informal complaints. All formal complaints must be submitted in writing to Yum Productions management and will be heard and addressed, including a response to the aggrieved person, within five (5) working days of receipt.
Yum Productions management will maintain a complaints register to document the course of action and resolution of all formal complaints. All complaints substantiated by the complaints procedure will be reviewed as part of the Yum Productions continuous improvement procedure.
It is the responsibility of Yum Productions management to ensure adherence to the complaint procedure and that resolution is sought in all reasonable circumstances. This includes informing and assisting students with the complaints procedure and supply of complaint forms.
If the student is still not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint after following and exhausting the complaints procedure, the student may access an external complaints process at their own cost. Student must ensure they have accessed the internal processes first. The student have number of external complaint or appeal options including:
Consumer Affairs Victoria
P: 1300 558 181
Administrative Appeals Tribunal
P: 1300 366 700
Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
P: 03 9603 8370 or 1800 658 528
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
P: 1300 891 848 F: 1300 891 858
Contacting Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
Please note: ASQA do not investigate complaints about refunds, apprenticeships or traineeships or personal disputes between studentsand trainers/assessors. ASQA is not able to act as the independent third party for reviewing complaints.
The Yum Productions appeals process is concerned with a student’s right to request change to decisions or processes of an official nature, usually in relation to academic or procedural matters.
In the case of a student’s appeal against specific assessment decisions, the student should first discuss the decision(s) with the relevant trainer or assessor and request re-evaluation. The trainer or assessor will hear the student’s appeal, make fair judgement to the best of their ability as to whether change(s) are required and then discuss their final decision with the student.
If the student is still dissatisfied with the trainer or assessor’s decision, they have the right to take the appeal to the management team. The formal notice of appeal is required to comply with the following principles upon submission to management:
- The notice of appeal should be in writing, addressed to Yum Productions for referral to the management team and submitted within five (5) days of notification of the outcome of the trainer or assessors re-evaluation process.
- The notice of appeal must be submitted within the specified timeframe otherwise the original result will stand. If a student’s appeal needs to be deferred due to emergency circumstances, such as in the case of serious illness or injury, a medical certificate supporting the case must be forward to management. The notice of deferral must be submitted within three (3) working days of the conclusion date displayed on the medical certificate.
It is the responsibility of Yum Productions management to ensure adherence to the appeal procedure and that resolution is sought in all reasonable circumstances. This includes informing and assisting students with the appeal procedure and supply of appeal forms.
All appeals will be reviewed every 6 month in the management meeting and, if appropriate, result in a continuous improvement process.
If the student is still not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint after following and exhausting the appeals procedure, the student may request Yum Productions to refer the matter to an independent third party.
All persons wishing to make a complaint, appeal or any other manner of objection in relation to the conduct of Yum Productions have access to the following procedure:
Informal complaint / appeal:
- An initial complaint or appeal will involve the student communicating directly with Yum Productions verbally or by other appropriate means. Yum Productions management will make a decision, discuss their judgement with the student and record the outcome of the complaint or appeal
- Students dissatisfied with the outcome of Yum Productions decision may initiate the formal complaint procedure
Formal complaint / appeal:
- It is normal procedure that all formal complaints proceed only after the initial informal complaint or appeal procedure has been finalised
- The formal complaint or appeal is to be submitted in writing, and the procedure and outcome recorded by Yum Productions management
- On receipt of a formal complaint, complaint committee will convene the to hear the complaint
- The complaint committee will consist of a panel of members with no previous involvement or vested interest in the outcome of the particular complaint or appeal. Members of the committee should include:
o A representative of Yum Productions management
o A Yum Productions staff member
· The complainant / appellant shall be given an opportunity to present the case to the committee and may be accompanied by one (1) other person as support or as representation
· Staff member(s) involved shall be given an opportunity to present their case to the committee and may be accompanied by one (1) other person as support or as representation
· The complaint committee will reach a decision on the complaint or appeal after consideration of each case presented
· The complaint committee will inform all parties involved of the outcome in writing within five (5) working days of making the decision
In the unusual circumstance where Yum Productions considers more than 60 calendar days are required to process and finalise the complaint or appeal, Yum Productions will inform the complainant or appellant in writing, including reasons why more than 60 calendar days are required. In line with the importance that Yum Productions places on open and transparent processes and communication, the complainants or appellant will be regularly updated the on the progress of the matter.
Student Handbook can be found here.